The SIP Alerter is a small, surface mounted classroom IP speaker, powered via Power-over- Ethernet (PoE). Primarily used to broadcast alerts and announcements from public address systems using voice over IP (VoIP), this low-cost, high-quality speaker also functions as a 2-way SIP intercom, thanks to a built-in microphone.
The SIP Alerter uses either its own internal speaker for broadcasts, or it can power and route audio through a separate, analog horn speaker or send audio via line out to an amplifier. With multiple priority levels available for RTP multicast streams, higher priority pages and broadcasts are able to interrupt those of lesser importance.
In addition to these features, the SIP Alerter has an input for an external, remote panic button, with added functionality to reduce the number of panic button false alarm calls. With this advanced functionality, a brief button press places a call to one preconfigured number—such as a front office phone—while a longer press-and-hold will place a call to a second, preconfigured emergency number.
Each SIP Alerter also has an onboard relay, enabling centralized control of a classroom door lock or other options such as a strobe for emergency lockdown scenarios.
Programming the SIP Alerter is simple, and LED feedback on the speaker lets installers know when their system is up and running. Auto-configuration solutions for both option 66 and option 150 are included in the firmware for fast and efficient system initialization and maintenance.
With simple installation and programming, advanced functionality and reduced labor and installation costs, the Wahsega SIP Alerter is the perfect solution for any educational application.
- Surface mount installation
- SIP compliant with peer-to-peer capability
- Environmental noise suppression
- Full-duplex audio with Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC)
- Multicast audio paging with multiple priority levels
- Fully configurable via simple webpages
- Top and side raceway knockouts
- Integrated status LED
- Integrated microphone
- Industry-leading low standby power
- PoE 802.3af enabled
- Web-based mic & speaker volume control
- On-board relay for door control
- Option 66 and option 150 auto-configuration
- Able to drive internal or external speaker or line out to amplifier
- Panic button input with advanced functionality for fewer false alarm triggers
- Ethernet: 10/100 Mbps
- Power Input: PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) 802.3af
- Protocol: SIP RFC 3261 compatible
- Audio Codecs: G.711, G.726 (16/24/32/40kbps), G.722, DVI4 (narrow/HD/Ultra HD), Linear PCM, iLBC, Speex, SILK
- Audio Sampling: Up to 16KHz
- Speaker Drive Capabilities: 4W
- Speaker Impedance: 8Ω
- Speaker Sensitivity: 96dB 1W/1M SPL
- Form C (SPDT) Relay Contact Closure Rating: 30VDC or 270VAC, 3A
- Max PoE Cable Length: 100m (per standard) PoE 10/100 cable length
- Max Cable Length for optional horn speaker: 20ft
- Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
- Dimensions: 4.3” x 4.8” x 1.94”
- Construction: 14-guage steel housing and faceplate with white polyester powdercoat paint
- Regulatory Compliance: FCC Class B
- Warranty: 2 years limited
|June 26, 2017||2.4.4||Link||Firmware for the SIP Alerter|
|Release Date||Version||Download||Description |
|June 25, 2017||2.4.3||Link||Firmware for the SIP Alerter|
|June 20, 2017||2.4.2||Link||Firmware for the SIP Alerter|
|May 30, 2017||2.4.1||Link||Firmware for the SIP Alerter|